Spa Services at A Culinary Experience Luxury B&B
Welcome to our lovely 5-star accommodation with spa services to pamper the most discerning traveller.
Spa Bath or Double Headed Shower: These complimentary features are found in the guest ensuites. The hydro jet spa bath in the French Suite has incredible mountain, sea and bay views. The double headed shower in the Tuscan Suite has been claimed by guests to be one of the most romantic showers ever made.
Jacuzzi Tub (for 4 persons) is Outdoors with a view of the stars. There are two moto-massage stations which provide a roller like hydro massage up and down your spine for an incredible relaxing experience.
Infra-Red Sauna is a cooler option to traditional saunas. Traditional saunas heat 100% of the air which then heats the person in the sauna; the infra-red sauna only uses 20% of its energy to heat the air with 80% doing the job of efficiently warming the person. This type of sauna is reported to be a major benefit to those who have recently travelled in planes with a low turnover of air. Circulation, sore joints, and pollen reactive allergies are traditionally helped with even short times spent in the sauna.
Masseur In house: Joe, with a degree in naturopathic medicine, offers therapeutic massage combining traditional Swedish, Reiki, Deep Tissue, Hot Stone, Lomi Lomi, and NMR bodywork.
Swedish Keiki NMR
Lomi Lomi Deep Tissue Hot Stone
- Swedish: Swedish massage (classic, traditional massage) is exceptionally beneficial for relaxing the whole body. It uses 5 basic strokes: effleurage, a gliding/sliding motion; petrissage, a kneading motion; tapotement, a rhythmic tapping motion; friction, which is a cross-fibre action on the muscles; and vibration, a rocking and pulsing motion. Swedish massage is a bit if a misnomer, it was a Dutch Masseur who provided the French names for the strokes, but it definitely is the classic Swedish massage which gained world-wide prominence as a massage technique.
- Deep tissue: This massage style is designed to relieve severe tension in muscles and connective tissue by focusing on muscles located below the surface muscles. Generally this is done in a limited area to relieve specific soreness and should not to be confused with deep pressure massage applied to the full body.
- Reiki: Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing and potentially reduces pain. A calm relaxation or meditative state is encouraged with focus on Ki (Chi), the life force energy within every person (it includes emotions, mind, body and spirit).
- Lomi Lomi: A traditional massage of Hawaiian origin which uses the palms, forearms, knuckles, elbows, or stones. It is widespread in Oceania as an indigenous Polynesian practice used to encourage healing, aid digestion, assist full body restoration, and is a luxurious massage technique.
- NMR bodywork (Neuro-Muscular Reprogramming): This therapy blends well with other bodywork styles and uses strategy not force. It cues the brain for new learning which can produce immediate results often increasing range of motion, and restoring muscle coordination quickly. It works to improve both acute and chronic limitations and soreness.
- Hot Stone: Hot Stone Massage uses smooth, flat, heated rocks (Basalt) placed on key points of the body. The heated stones are often placed on the back, hands, and feet or used by the therapist to work the muscles.